Shockwave therapy involves the delivery of high intensity ultrasound waves through a special handpiece. It provides a treatment option to patients suffering from a range of chronic conditions and has been found to be more effective than conservative methods with resolving stubborn orthopedic injuries such as; heel spurs, plantarfascitis, Achilles tendonitis, tennis and golfers elbow, rotator cuff tears and patella pain.
The basic principles behind shockwave therapy are the high pressured acoustic shockwaves that travel through the skin to stimulate pain relief and tissue repair.
- TENNIS / GOLFERS ELBOW (LATERAL/ MEDIAL EPICONDYLITIS)
- PATELLA TENDINOPATHY/ OSGOOD SCHLATTER DISEASE
- HAMSTRING TENDINOPATHY AND TEARS
- ACHILLES TENDINOPATHY
- CALCIFIC TENDINITIS OF THE SHOULDER
- ROTATOR CUFF TEARS
- OSTEOITIS PUBIS
- TROCHANTERIC BURSITIS AND GLUTEAL TENDINOPATHY